April Fools Contest!

Just a reminder – it’s April 1st, better known as April Fools’ Day.  They say a person grows by taking risks.  We grow by pondering the foolish things we have done.  We help others by sharing our learning path. 

I thought I would share one of those foolish moments from my own career.  Many years ago I covered a geography measuring 150 miles x 200 miles.  One would think organization would be an important part of the equation.  Early on, I decided to take advantage of the fancy leather bound calendar issued by my employer.  Each month was a new insert for the calendar and I did my best to set up appointments using the tool. 

However, each month came with an insert.  And, I didn’t do a very good job of making sure I had the right insert for the following month.  The result – I scheduled a whole round of appointments on the wrong day of the week.  This culminated with me finding myself driving several hours for an appointment only to learn it was on Wednesday instead of the Friday.  A whole group of customers had gathered for my important presentation – I didn’t show.  They were less than impressed.  I lost the sale to an arch competitor.  I was a total jerk.   

Here’s our plan.  We are working on a book about on-boarding for new sales folk.  Share one of your dumbest mistakes with us and win a prize.  The person with the most blatantly bone-headed screw up will win a gift card from Amazon.  The second prize winner receives a copy of our latest book on distributor planning.  And, everyone else will receive our undying gratitude written on the back of a genuine post card from Iowa. 

Send your responses to us at RHC here or post them for the whole world to see in the comment section.

Distributor Planning Made Easy. Check out our Distributors Annual Planning Workbook:
http://amzn.com/1481196448

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Questions for Distributors

Ship and Debit Programs

Where are the Sales Calls?