Unleash Your Selling Power: Introducing "Wired for Sales"

Since the launch of Industrial Supply Magazine nearly 14 years ago, I have had the privilege of authoring nearly 150
articles for their readers.  I love the publications because they serve the markets that I find most interesting.  I also know that many of my long-time friends read and find value in the messages contained on their pages. 

Last year I was offered to host an ongoing column devoted to sales in our business and I accepted the new challenge. 

Here is the good news, the bad news, and the great news.

The good news – Quoting one of my heroes, Teddy Roosevelt, this column gives me a “Bully Pulpit” for talking about issues that I feel strongly about.  The Pulpit part implies preaching, which I promise to tone down.  But still, things like the sales process, getting paid for our knowledge, and fee-based services have been part of my lexicon since long before starting River Heights Consulting.  I guarantee I will constantly remind people of their importance.

The bad news – Doing a column allows me approximately 700 words to speak my mind.  Again, quoting a hero and great President, Abraham Lincoln, “If I had more time, I would have written you a shorter letter.”  I struggle with shorter articles.  I almost always have the challenge of shrinking stories down to the more common 1,500-word format used in most articles.  Thankfully, I have people for that.

The great news – I get to insert a bit more of my personality into the column.  This “Frank Speak” includes humor, bad analogies, and stuff I learned as a kid working in my dad’s business.  Better yet, there is a place on the Industrial Supply site for your comments, questions, or anything else you want to add.  If you want to write anonymous hate mail, you, too will have a Bully Pulpit. 

  

Check it out HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Questions for Distributors

Ship and Debit Programs

Where are the Sales Calls?